Saturday, September 03, 2005

Oh, no. Please, No.

New York Times: Rehnquist dies at 80

This is a political post. But it does relate to The Kid, or at least the future of the America I believe in and hope he will still inherit. God help this nation. So, we're facing the most horrific event America has seen since I've been alive. Soon enough, congress will return to their usual tomfoolery, tax cutting, funding wars, giving kickbacks to corporations. Now we've got Bush appointing TWO supreme court justices. After O'Connor, I sat back and said, this is the system. This is how this works, it's not the end of the world. But now "the scales of justice" will be effectively tipped in a very certain direction (and one that concerns me greatly). COME ON DEMOCRATS, it's time to fight for your constituency, namely ME, mother of THE KID. I know I'm not alone.

Why do I feel like we're witnessing the end of the world? I'm so unbelievably sad. I can't even rant. This is beyond rant.

For good measure, I love Frank Rich.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love him, too. Thanks for the link.