Why do I love 2007? Let me list the ways...
- The Kid is kicking life's butt right now. He is calm, when he is not calm he is reasonably redirectable. He's "graduating" from Hospital School tomorrow and will head back out into the public school system on Tuesday.
- My sweetheart of a cousin very randomly gave me his copy of Veronica Mars Season 1, and that will only lead to girls nights, which are always a good thing. Shannon? I can smell the champagne and nail polish, yo. Will you braid my hair? Peggy, you are so invited.
- While I'm still fighting the insurance companies to pay our huge amount of claims from 2006 and no psychiatrist within our shrinking insurance network will provide care for The Kid, the lead attending at the hospital The Kid has been both inpatient and attending school called me today and agreed to provide us ongoing psychiatric care at a reduced rate at his private practice. He said he cares a lot about The Kid and wants him to succeed. Me too, Doc, and thank you.
- I'm enjoying work again for the first time in months. It's the thrill of the hunt, I think. Like, today? I brought in about $30,000 of potential new business, and I'm feeling like I am back on top of my shit there. And, I don't want to cry as I drive into my parking garage, which is always a good thing.
- I am fresh off of visits from so many of my favorite people on this earth over the week between Christmas and New Years, only to be anticipating a visit from my favorite Tiger on earth, Jaci, next weekend. I have so many great friends, my family is the best, this just has to be the best of all possible worlds.