I did put up my Christmas tree today. Whoa. The Kid was PSYCHED. I had told him that the chore for today was to clean the house so we could get out the Christmas stuff. Like, get out the Christmas stuff, eventually. He saw it as a one-day deal... So, like any right minded 5 year old, he woke me up at 6:30, rolled the vacuum into my room, and said, "Get up! It's time to clean!!!" Um, a little role reversal anyone?
I fought him for time. We did wake up and clean, but I was still in no way in the mood for Christmas stuff. I then remembered, "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear." We watched Elf, which I now have to admit is my absolute favorite Christmas movie--sorry to all my Hoosiers and Christmas Story fans, and my dad, for It's a Wonderful Life (which is not so much a Christmas movie to me but a year-round reminder of the impact of our lives and definitely one of the best tear jerkers EVER made, and so falls under a whole other category). I drank a cup of coffee, and frankly, I'm not sure which gave me the initiative more, but we then decorated. Beautifully, I might add. It's always so fun to get your Christmas decor out.
The Kid then wrote his letter to Santa:
All in all a pretty good list. Santa can abide. Something makes me think that The Kid likes dogs...
I've been very good. I helped my mom clean and put up the decorations. Can I please have some presents now? [Oh, now I get the motivation... Kind of like cramming for the exam!!!] What I would like for Christmas is:
- Scamps, my playful pup
- Smoochie Pup
- Sunshine Bear (a care bear)
- A new remote control Velociraptor [so I guess we can't get him a used one?]
- A sled
- A kid RV [his only 'dream on' entry, he wants one of those mechanical cars for kids, which, dream on, yo.]
- A Dinosaur Skeleton Puzzle
- A new stuffed penguin w/ a Santa hat [um, what?]
- Harry Potter stuff, especialy a Dobby toy
- Cold-nosed pup in yellow [I was laughing at this, until I googled it, and they're way cute, although I still don't get the "cold nose" thing. Is it refridgerated? Will I have to put water in it? I'm scared...]
I still don't believe it's November. Now I need to go shopping? Huh?